Shipping from the UK
A service offering the advantage of receiving items from the UK and countries within the European Union (‘EU’) at a postal address found in the United Kingdom (‘UK’). This service generally covers light weight items and such items will be delivered to the Client’s address in Malta or Gozo within an average duration of 7 working days from receiving the items at its UK address. In the majority of cases, priority shipping involves air freight operated through strict security controls, thus in some exceptions, items in consignment containing prohibited items may delay the consignment beyond 7 days.Shipping from the USA
A service offering the advantage of receiving items from the USA at a postal address found in the USA. Items will be then delivered to the Client’s address in Malta or Gozo. This service generally covers light weight items and such items will be delivered in Malta within an average duration of 12 working days from receiving the item at its USA address. In the majority of cases, priority shipping involves air freight operated through stringent security controls, thus in some exceptions, items in consignment containing prohibited items may delay the consignment beyond 12 working days. In regard to items originating from USA which do not bear a clear value of declaration or the value of which is more than €23, the Client may be eligible to pay VAT and/or Customs duty.
2. The Service is regulated by these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms’). Please read these Terms carefully before making use of the Service.B) General Terms
3. In order to use the Service, the Client must first sign up to become a registered member of the Site (‘Registered Member’) by clicking on the Sign Up on the Site and following the instructions provided. The Client has the option to specify the address/Post Office where he may wish to receive the item when subscribing to the service or at any point.
4. The Client is required to complete the registration form clearly indicating his/her delivery address in Malta and other contact details such as his/her mobile number as well as entering a password to be used when accessing the Client’s account. The password should be kept secret at all times.
5. When registering to become a member, and annually after becoming a Registered Member, the Client must pay an annual subscription fee of €5.
6. Upon becoming a Registered Member, the Client accepts to receive the Service subject to these Terms as well as any other applicable terms and conditions.
7. Following sign up, the Client will receive a reply via email where s/he will be given a unique user code and the address which s/he must use when purchasing. This should be used when purchasing from online stores together with the address of one of MaltaPost’s hubs in the EU or the USA.
8. The Client is responsible for all directions, orders, notifications, and expenses incurred or other actions that may occur through use of the Client’s Service account. The Client must immediately alert MaltaPost of any fraudulent, unauthorized, illegal or suspicious use of the Service or any other breach of security or unauthorised or illegal activity that is reasonably suspected by Client by contacting MaltaPost Customer Care – contact details available in Term 52.
9. When using SendOn, the items are delivered as mail and are therefore subject to MaltaPost’s standard mail terms and conditions
. MaltaPost’s liability is governed by these conditions of service.
10. The Site is strictly for the use by persons aged 18 years or over. By continuing to use the Site, the Client acknowledges that s/he is aged 18 years or over.
11. Upon effecting an online purchase and choosing to receive such purchase to the hubs via the Service, the Client is to ensure that his/her name, followed by the unique user code, are correctly entered together with the Hub delivery address supplied by MaltaPost. The Client’s Maltese address should be used only for credit card verification or initial registration with a ‘broker’ such as PayPal.
12. At no point in time shall MaltaPost be deemed to have entered into a direct commercial relationship with the manufacturer/supplier/seller sending the item to any of MaltaPost’s Hub address on behalf of the Client.
13. Upon placing the online order, the online store will send the Client’s postal item to the Hub address, MaltaPost’s partners in the Hub will ensure that this is delivered to MaltaPost in Malta. Once MaltaPost receives the item in Malta, it will send an email to the Client indicating the date of delivery together with the total cost for forwarding the item to the Client’s Maltese address specified by the Client. The item will be delivered to the address or Post Office set by the Client upon registering or when accessing the 'Edit Personal Details' page and presented in the system at date and time of receipt of item at MaltaPost. Any changes to the delivery address following the above mentioned email will become effective from the delivery of the next SendOn order.
14. The Client is to ensure that items ordered are eligible for shipping to the final destination country, that is, the Client’s designated Maltese address.
15. MaltaPost shall not be responsible and/or held liable in any manner in the event that, by making use of the Service, the Client voids any commercial guarantee which would have been applicable for the contents of the postal item as long as this remains within the country of origin, for example, the UK. It is advisable that the Client verifies such matters with the seller prior to effecting the online order.
16. Notwithstanding that an item may be delivered beyond the indicated average duration of the service, the Client is still bound to accept delivery and to pay for the Service in full provided that delivery of the mail item is tendered at any time within three (3) months of the receipt of the item at the Hub address.
17. MaltaPost will, unless faced by circumstances outside its control, endeavour to deliver the item within the indicated average duration of the service mentioned in Term 1. Provided that this timeframe in no way constitutes a guarantee that the item will be delivered within this timeframe.
18. MaltaPost accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the contents of any item sent using the Service.
19. If the item is refused by the Malta International Airport and/or by other competent authority/ies, any costs incurred in sending back the item to sender shall be incurred by the Client.
20. Rates for this service cover the delivery of a SendOn item from our Hub in the foreign country to public street level address in Malta. Other expenses of delivery of this item from the supplier to our Hub and/or from the street level to upper floors should be borne by the Client.
21. It is the Client’s responsibility to give the correct code and hub address details to the supplier. In the event that MaltaPost receives an item to be forwarded to the Client that does not quote the unique user code mentioned in Term 7, MaltaPost will endeavour to identify the Client details and deliver the mail item accordingly. MaltaPost shall not be held responsible in any manner if the mail item is lost or the delivery of the item is delayed as a result.C. Limitations of MaltaPost’s liability
22. MaltaPost’s liability is governed by, and shall be limited to the conditions of service as per term 9, 10, and 11 above, also in the event of any loss or damage.
23. MaltaPost shall not be liable for any loss including, without limitation, any loss caused by interruption of the Client’s business, loss of electronic information or physical damage to property and whether directly or indirectly caused by any breach of contract or by negligence by MaltaPost or by any employee or agent of MaltaPost.
24. When using the service the Client agrees that his/her use of service is subject to all national and international applicable laws and regulations set forth by the jurisdiction through which the Client is shipping. The Client agrees not to use the service for illegal purposes and not to ship illegal, hazardous or dangerous material. MaltaPost accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the contents of any item sent using the Service and shall not be liable in case of shipping of illegal items. By using the service the Client agrees to hold MaltaPost fully harmless and indemnifed against any claims that may be made in respect of shipping of illegal items.
25. MaltaPost shall not be held liable to pay any compensation for any delay or failure to deliver an item promptly.
26. MaltaPost shall not be held responsible or liable for any compensation if, for reasons beyond its reasonable control (including, but not limited to, an inability or failure on the part of the manufacturers or suppliers of the items to dispatch these to MaltaPost’s Hub address for any reason whatsoever) it is unable to supply the items to the Client.
27. The Company shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage, whether sustained in the course of transit or whilst in temporary storage.
28. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from insufficiency or inadequate packaging or labeling of the items, the handling, loading, stowage or unloading of the items by the Client or any person acting on their behalf, the nature of the items, riots, civil commotions, strikes, lockouts, stoppage or restraint of labour, explosion, fire, flood or storm or act of God and any cause beyond the control of the Company.D) Delivery to UK hub
30. The maximum weight permitted for an item is 30kg and the maximum dimensions of the item (packaging included) are 150cm x 100cm x 100cm.
31. MaltaPost accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the contents of any item sent using the Service. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the ordered items may be legally and safely imported into Malta. Valuable items, hazardous or liquid materials, lithium batteries (unless inside a device) cannot be accepted. Animals, live animals or insects, animal carcasses, furs, weapons, firearms and ammunition, bullion, biohazard, asbestos, hazardous or combustible materials including hazardous waste (as defined in IATA Regulations), waste/garbage for disposal, human remains, including ashes, narcotics (illegal), alcohol, tobacco, perfume, antiques (breakable and/or fragile), jewellery, precious metals or stones and cash/currency are prohibited. Shipments that would cause damage to equipment, personnel or other packages are also prohibited. Please view the full list and description here
32. The Client is not permitted to use the Service for items purchased/originating from non-EU member states, and MaltaPost reserves the right to send back to sender any such items. In the case of receipt of such items, MaltaPost will not guarantee the delivery of the item.
33. MaltaPost also reserves the right to send back to sender any items received at its UK address which are suspected to be damaged and could compromise other mail items.
34. The Client is to ensure that items ordered are eligible for shipping to the final destination country, that is, the Client’s designated Maltese address.F) Delivery at USA Hub
35. The maximum weight permitted for an item is 30kg and the maximum dimensions of the item (packaging included) are 120cm x 60cm x 60cm.
36. MaltaPost accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the contents of any item sent using the Service. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the ordered items may be legally and safely imported into Malta. Valuable items, hazardous or liquid materials, lithium batteries (unless inside a device) cannot be accepted. Animals, live animals or insects, animal carcasses, furs, weapons, firearms and ammunition, bullion, biohazard, asbestos, hazardous or combustible materials including hazardous waste (as defined in IATA Regulations), waste/garbage for disposal, human remains, including ashes, narcotics (illegal), alcohol, tobacco, perfume, antiques (breakable and/or fragile), jewellery, precious metals or stones and cash/currency are prohibited. Shipments that would cause damage to equipment, personnel or other packages are also prohibited. Please view the full list and description here.
37. The Client is permitted to use the Service for items purchased/originating from USA only. MaltaPost reserves the right to send back to sender any items not originating from USA.
38. The Client is solely responsible for declaring the correct value of each package for the purpose excise, duty and tax payments. The Client should note that shipments may be inspected at anytime by Malta Customs authorities and incorrect valuations can lead to penalties for which the Client is solely responsible. MaltaPost reserves the right to open and inspect all items delivered in the Client’s name without notice to the Client and by using the Service the Client is authorising MaltaPost to do so.G. Customs Clearance
39. In regard to items originating from USA which do not bear a clear value of declaration or the value of which is more than €23, the Client may be eligible to pay VAT and/or duty. By using this service the Client agrees that MaltaPost will clear the item on his/her behalf. Payment of €15 as Customs Clearance Charge for the processing of the packet on the Client’s behalf may be due. The client is required to pay for the Service upon delivery of the item by a MaltaPost representative together with duty/ VAT if/where applicable.The following is the shipping process of the item from USA to MaltaStep 1 - Item arrived at USA Hub and requires declaration of contents
When MaltaPost receives an item at its USA hub which requires Customs Clearance, the Client will be notified by an email with instructions and guidelines on how to declare the contents of his package for Customs and Safety Regulations purposes. The Client will also be asked to attach the merchant’s invoice/ letter. The item will not be processed until you declare your item and attach the invoice/letter.Step 2 - Following declaration, the item will be shipped from USA hub
Following the declaration, MaltaPost will proceed to ship the item to the Client’s address in Malta. The Client will be notified by email upon transition of item from the USA.Step 3 - Item arrived at Malta Customs
When the item arrives in Malta and will be held at Customs, the Client will receive a notification by email advising that the item requires Customs clearance and will therefore be held at Malta Customs until further notice.Step 4 - When item is cleared from Customs
When the item is cleared from Customs, the Client will receive a notification by email advising that the item will be delivered to the Client’s registered address on the next working day. This email will include the total cost of the SendOn service, duty and/or VAT. Payment should be effected on delivery. Should the Client will not be available on the date and time of the attempted delivery; a MaltaPost Official will leave a notice in the letterbox with options on how to collect the item.Step 5 - When the Customs Department require assistance to open the package
If Malta Customs require assistance to open the package, the Client will receive a notification by email to collect the item from the Customs office situated in MaltaPost Head Office in Marsa. This email will include the costing of the service. Payment is to be effected upon acceptance of item. 40. Customs Clearance Charges applicable:
There are no applicable charges for items under €23.
For items between €23 and €150 the following charges will apply: 18% Vat
For items between €150 and €420 the following charges will apply: 18% Vat + Customs Duty + €0.20 processing fee
For items over €420 the following charges will apply: 18% Vat + Customs Duty + €15 Customs Clearance charge.
Duty/VAT should be effected upon delivery of the item by a MaltaPost representative or at the Post Office, together with the payment for forwarding the item, duty/ VAT if/where applicable.
41. Unless the item is claimed within twenty (20) working days from notification dates indicated in the shipping process above, it will become the property of MaltaPost and will be disposed of as per regulations.
42. Items received in a single box or consolidated in the same box will be treated as one single item. Therefore Customs Duty Value Added Tax (VAT) will be calculated on the total price. It is recommended that items received in a single box/package will have one invoice declaring all items in the box/package.H) Insurance Cover
43. When availing of the Service the Client may purchase an insurance covering the item being forwarded from MaltaPost’s Hub address and the Maltese address identified by the Client. The insurance covers all trackable and untrackable items, as long as the untrackable items are signed for on receipt, up to a maximum limit of €3,000 per package for loss or damage but not exceeding the insured value.
Please click here and here in order to read the applicable Terms and Conditions.
Please contact us for items exceeding the maximum limit of €3,000 per package. I) Price and Payment Procedure
44. With reference to Term 5 above, MaltaPost shall only be bound to deliver the items once the Client has made the relative payment for membership (if applicable).
45. The Service is provided at the rates specified on the Site. The rates (unless otherwise expressly stated) are inclusive of VAT. In the case of any change in the applicable VAT rate, the charges due may be adjusted at any time before delivery to reflect such change.
46. MaltaPost advises the Client to get an instant quote available at the Shipping Calculator in order to check out the total cost of delivery of the item to the Client’s address prior to making use of the Service. If in doubt the Client should contact Customer Care - contact details available in Term 52.
47. All estimates are indicative only and subject to change. The price will be charged according to the actual gross weight of the item as received in Malta. Prices will be rounded up to the next Kg. Quotes exclude any other applicable taxes such as Customs and VAT.
48. The Client is required to pay for the Service upon delivery of the item by a MaltaPost representative or upon collection from The Post Office. Items will not be released from the custody of MaltaPost if the Service (and any other applicable charges which may be due by the Client to MaltaPost) is not paid for. If the Client fails to effect payment on delivery, s/he will remain liable to pay the delivery costs to MaltaPost, which retains the right to dispose of the postal item as it deems fit.
49. If an item is not collected within twenty (20) from the last notification date it will become the property of MaltaPost which retains the right to dispose of the postal item as it deems fit.J) Right of Cancellation of the Service
50. The Client may not cancel the Service once an order using the Service has been placed, unless the Client makes arrangements with the supplier to cancel the order.
51. The Client may cancel by giving MaltaPost notice in writing to this effect by leaving such notice in person, sending the notice by registered mail or by electronic mail at the addresses specified in Term 53 below.K) Customer Care
52. MaltaPost encourages Clients to seek assistance or direct any queries regarding the Service to its Customer Care Department:
Website: by completing our online contact form here.
Telephone: (+356) 21 224 421 (office hours)
In person: MaltaPost p.l.c., Head Office, Customer Care, 305, Triq Hal Qormi, Marsa MTP 1001, MALTA (office hours)
Registered Mail: MaltaPost p.l.c., Head Office, Customer Care, 305, Triq Hal Qormi, Marsa MTP 1001, MALTA
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 07:30 hours – 16:00 hoursL) Data Protection
53. The Client’s personal data will be processed in conformity with the Data Protection Act and shall not be shared with third parties unless so required for the provision of the Service.
54. The Client’s personal details will only be used for correspondence related to SendOn and other services that may be offered by MaltaPost from time to time, unless the Client informs MaltaPost that s/he does not wish to receive any such promotional material.
55. The Client may unsubscribe from receiving any marketing material at any point and free of charge by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.M) Choice of Law & Dispute Resolution
56. This contract is subject to the Laws of Malta.
57. Though an amicable settlement is always preferred, any disputes that may arise, shall, as applicable, be first referred to the Malta Arbitration Centre or the Consumer Claims Tribunal.N) Other
58. The Client is responsible for ensuring that the computer system used to subscribe to the Service meets all the relevant technical specifications necessary for use, and is compatible with, the Site. The Client is responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy his/her particular requirements for the safety and reliability of data input and output and MaltaPost cannot be held liable for any damage incurred to the Client’s system that are beyond the Company’s control.
59. If any part of these Terms is found to be unlawful, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the Terms.
60. These Terms may be subject to change from time to time without notice and it is the Client’s responsibility to regularly read carefully this document before entering into any contract with an online seller and making use of the Service, and thereafter. Any changes will be effective immediately once posted on the Site. The Client’s use of the Site and the Service following changes to these Terms constitutes the Client’s acknowledgment of such changes and acceptance to be bound by the revised Terms.
61. Any variation to these Terms (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the Client and MaltaPost) shall be inapplicable unless agreed to in writing by the Company.
© v.3 2015