‘Spectacular Views of Malta’ Photography Competition
MaltaPost invites the general public to submit photos of 'Spectacular Views of Malta.' Winning entries will be re-produced as stamps and entered in an international competition.
The Small European Postal Administration Cooperation (SEPAC) ‘Spectacular Views' Photography Competition is organised by MaltaPost p.l.c. MaltaPost is hereby inviting the general public to participate in this competition by submitting their best images of 'Spectacular Views of the Maltese Islands.' Images submitted may include local countryside, village life, nature, architecture, landscapes etc. The aim of this photographic competition is to promote the beauty of the Maltese Islands internationally. The four winning images will be re-produced in a Maltese stamp set issue having world-wide circulation. The top image of the four winning images will also be entered into an international stamp competition organised by SEPAC.
Terms and Conditions
Number of Entries
1. Each participant may submit a total of 5 (five) photographic entries which submissions must all be in colour.
2. The competition is open to all MaltaPost and Malta Postal Museum Facebook Page followers who are aged 16 years and over as at the closing date of submissions. The competition is also open to all MaltaPost employees.
Closing Date of Submissions
3. The closing date of submissions is Thursday, 30 March 2017.
Submission of Photographs
4. To submit a photograph and/or photographs for competition, participants must access the form provided on the MaltaPost Facebook page by clicking on the link "Spectacular Views" (found in the menu at the left hand side of the page) and submit the requested details and the file of the photo. Participants must also send their photo in high resolution via email to email@example.com and include their name, surname, address, contact number and a caption for each photo. The size of the file submitted should not exceed 9MB and the colour space of each file shall be RGB and at 300dpi resolution. Each photograph must be submitted separately. Photographs submitted should not have any identifiable markings. Participants are invited to ensure that the photographs submitted look good when resized to a dimension of 44 mm x 31 mm i.e. the size of the stamps.
5. No entry fee is required to enter the competition.
The prizes for this competition follow:
a) The first prize winner will receive ‘The Grandmasters Collection 1530 - 1798.' This limited edition collection consists of a set of 28 pure silver foil stamps depicting Grandmasters of the Sovereign Military Order of St John of Jerusalem and Rhodes and Malta (SMOM) who served in Malta from 1530 to 1798. The collection includes a a special publication giving a profile of each Grandmaster and an additional silver foil image of an antique map of the Maltese Islands. In addition, the first prize winning photo will be entered in the international stamp competition organised by SEPAC.
b) The three runners-up will each receive a copy of the ‘The Malta Stamp Collection' - a prestigious philately publication covering the period 1964 till 2004.
7. Participants are invited to identify the location for each photo submitted. In addition;
• Participants must ensure that all rights, including permissions from subjects and all parties depicted in the images have been obtained.
• The photos submitted must be linked to the Facebook account of the person who captured the images and who is following the MaltaPost and Malta Postal Museum Facebook page.
• All entries submitted to participate in the contest may feature in future marketing and PR activaties and/or future stamp issues organised by MaltaPost.
• The photos submitted must be the photographer's own work.
8. Photographs that abide with the terms and conditions of this competition will be uploaded daily (working days) on the MaltaPost p.l.c. Facebook page.
9. MaltaPost p.l.c. reserves the right to reject any photograph prior to publishing or judging the photograph, without giving a specific reason for such a decision. If any photograph selected is later found to have violated any of the conditions, the organisers reserve the right to take any action they deem fit, including the withdrawal of the Prize awarded.
Ownership of Images
10. By virtue of submitting the photographs to participate in this competition, participants are confirming that they have full rights to the photos submitted.
Certification of Work
11. By virtue of submitting the photographs to participate in this competition, participants are confirming that all photos submitted are the original work of the participant.
12. By virtue of submitting the photographs to participate in this competition, participants grant MaltaPost, SEPAC and the Malta Postal Museum permission to use and publish the photo on any media including thesocial media, internet, printed media, exhibitions, stamp issues and to use such images for publicity purposes, including those purposes connected with the competition, free of charge.
13. The copyright of photographs entered in this competition remains with the participants at all times, but MaltaPost and the Malta Postal Museum reserve to use and publish the photo on any media including social media, internet, printed media , exhibitions, stamp issues and use it for publicity purposes, including those purposes connected with the competition, free of charge.
14. MaltaPost p.l.c. cannot accept liability for any non-receipt or loss of any submitted photographs.
15. All photographic works submitted shall be judged by a MaltaPost plc panel. The panel's decision is final and may not be appealed. Four entries shall be awarded and subsequently published as a stamp set.
17. Competition participants are reminded that any photograph submitted clearly identifying a data subject must satisfy the provisions of Article 9(a) of the Data Protection Act i.e. the informed consent of the data subject must have been obtained in writing prior to submission of the photographs. By virtue of participating in the competition, entrants confirm that they have obtained such consent in writing. By virtue of participating in the competition, entrants agree to provide Maltapost plc with the original consent obtained in writing from the data subject.
18. Any personal details submitted by the entrant will be protected by MaltaPost p.l.c. as required by the Data Protection Act.
19. By registering for this competition, participants agree to allow MaltaPost p.l.c. and the Malta Postal Museum to make use of their personal details and any photos taken during the official presentation as it may deem necessary, including for publication in all media.
Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
20. By virtue of participating in the competition, entrants confirm that they have accepted all these terms and conditions fully and unconditionally.
21. For further clarifications please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org